Christian anger management counseling can help you deal with anger management issues.
Do you have anger management problems or are you unsure if you have problems with anger? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do others tell you that you have a bad temper?
- Do you lash out at family or friends, and then lavish them with presents to make up for it?
- Do you excuse your behavior by saying things like, “I had a bad day” or “It’s their fault”?
- Has anger ever led you to do anything you regret?
- Do you manipulate others and use scornful words, disdain, sarcasm or other words to hurt the ones you love?
- Have you ever been arrested or detained because of your anger problems?
- Does your anger scare you…or others?
Appropriate and Inappropriate Anger
Many Christians believe erroneously that they shouldn’t feel anger, that anger is somehow always a bad thing. There’s a time and a place for anger. Even Jesus got angry in the temple when the money changers were disrespectful to his father’s house! Anger can be a signal that something is amiss. When we learn to read these signals properly, and deal with anger in a constructive manner, we can use anger’s energy to fuel lasting changes.
However, inappropriate anger comes from a different place inside than appropriate anger. Inappropriate anger stems from unhealed traumas, from stories hidden deep within. Christian anger management counseling can help you safely unearth the reasons for your anger, and deal with your anger in appropriate, Godly ways.
What Is Christian Anger Management Counseling?
Christian anger management counseling provides Biblically-based advice and prayer to acknowledge anger issues, identify their source, and apply God-given principles and practices to manage, heal and deal with anger in a constructive, positive fashion. The counselor and client invite the Holy Spirit into each counseling session as co-creator in the healing process. The result can be transforming for the one being counseled and restorative for family, friends and others involved.
Dr. Douglas Frey of Home Heart Counseling offers services for individuals and couples seeking Biblical help with their problems. Please call 952-920-2789 for an appointment. The office is located in Eden Prairie, and is easily accessible to Chanhassen, Chaska, Shakopee, Minneapolis and other Western Suburbs.