In over three decades of helping couples as a counselor and pastor, Dr. Frey has helped hundreds of men and women prepare for engagement and marriage. He likens Christian pre-marriage counseling to the important step a student or employee takes before submitting a paper or report – they proof read it! Reviewing and assessing marriage is important for couples, too.
The Christian Pre-Marriage Double Check
Double-checking two people’s readiness for their wedding day is important in Christian pre-marriage counseling. Before beginning life together as husband and wife, Dr. Frey helps a couple discuss and share about important things:
- Each partner’s motivation and readiness for marriage
- What it means to have a Christian marriage
- Sharing and creating joint hopes and goals
- How a couple communicates and manages conflict
- Ways to recognize and embrace each other’s uniqueness
- Discuss budgeting, chores, and roles
- Ways to show love and nurture romance
- Review earlier life events and choices on each partner, including one’s family, activities and habits before marriage
- Handling family challenges and problems
So whether you are recently engaged, or thinking about becoming engaged, call Dr. Frey at (952) 920-2789 for a “review” and encouragement in your relationship leading up to marriage.